Kaitiakitanga – the guardianship and protection of our natural & cultural environment
Manaakitanga – the respect and generosity we show our guests & each other
As a tourism operator we feel that it is our responsibility to take ownership of the way we operate and ensure that we are reducing and minimizing harm to the environment where ever possible in our daily operations. We are dedicated to achieving a more efficient approach to our operation to become the best we can be.
We have began with small steps which eventually lead to us partnering with Toitu in 2018. We initially partnered with Toitu with the intention to measure our carbon footprint and put in place strategies to reduce our carbon emissions. During our measurement period, we decided why not go all the way and commit to carbonzero – the rest was history!
Fast forward to 30th September 2019: INFLITE is a Toitu carbonzero certified organisation. We have put in place a management plan to reduce emissions by 2022 through initiatives such as:
- More efficient passenger loading where ever possible (aircraft & shuttles)
- Flying more fuel efficient routes
- Quicker shutdowns and reducing idle times
Excellence in: Sustainability
Heletranz Helicopters is committed to sustainability. We care for the natural environment that we are honoured to share with our customers. We seek to have a positive impact on the communities in which we operate.
> Do more with less & act sustainably
> Actively consider the consequences of our actions on the environment
- Articulated sustainability plan covering environmental, cultural, local community, waste and recycling, carbon emission and offset.
- Qualmark Gold accreditation.
- Regional development and community engagement plans.
- Tiaki promise and Tourism Sustainability Commitment – high level of engagement and commitment throughout business.
Heletranz Helicopter is proudly Tourism New Zealand Qualmark Gold placing us in an elite group of NZ tourism operators. A Gold Award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses with the delivery of exceptional customer experiences and identifies those businesses leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.