Heletranz specializes in aerial filming and photography. The very best professional photographers use our services because:
- Our highly skilled pilots are experienced in all forms of aerial photography and aerial videography assignments.
- Our helicopters are regularly tracked and balanced to give a smooth ride, with sliding and door-off options.
- We have a full harness inventory for off-skid shooting plus full vertical option using rear cargo door.
- We have multiple helicopter price options using the single and twin-engine Eurocopter or the Robinson R44.
- We can organize a photographer to handle your photographic or film assignments.
If you are a photographer wanting to use our helicopter services, contact us on below:
Aerial Helicopter Filming
Based in Auckland, Heletranz flies filming assignments all around New Zealand. Working closely with the North Islands most highly experienced film pilot Tony Monk, his latest GSS Gyro Camera systems and our fleet of new generation helicopters providing the perfect stable platform, Heletranz offers its clients a professional service based on years of flying experience and a wealth of industry knowledge gained from working closely with production companies.
Aerial Filming Services
In close conjunction with Tony Monk Films we can offer the following:
– Access to the latest Gyro Stabilised Camera Systems
– GSS C520 Camera System with up to 8K camera options
– GSS C516 Camera System with Sony F55
– Cineflex V14 HD Camera System
– Experienced helicopter Film Pilot: Tony Monk
– Extensive Credits
– Helicopter Services
– Crew Transport
– Permit acquisitions
– Aerial Co-Ordination
– Location Scouting
– Stunt flying
– Recce Flights
– Talent helicopters
– Stills Photography
– Lifting equipment into difficult locations
Heletranz and Tony Monk Films credits include:
Lord of the Rings 1, 2 & 3
Yogi Bear (2010)
Without a paddle
Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Whitbread and Volvo Ocean Races
Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
South Pacific – BBC
Blue Planet – BBC
About Tony Monk
Tony has been involved with Heletranz and the NZ Film Industry for over 35 years. He is held in extremely high regard having received an accolade for his Services and Safety to the Film Industry. He is also responsible for the introduction of the first Gyro Stabilized Camera System to NZ.
Tony Monk Films’ recent investment in the GSS, G520 and GSS C516 gimbals allows them to offer the most stable platform and the ability to interchange cameras and lenses as technology advances.
Tony’s skill as a Film Pilot, location-finder and, film co-ordinator and Gyro Stabalised Camera supplier is well recognized throughout the industry.
For detailed technical information: www.tonymonkfilms.com
Or call Tony Monk on +64 27 492 9130.
Aerial Helicopter Photography
Greg Kempthorne Photography
Greg Kempthorne is a photographer specialising in Infrastructure and Architecture, much of this includes aerial photography. Greg has been shooting from helicopters for over 12 years working for major corporates and government organisations. A large part of this time he has spent flying with Heletranz pilots.
“The people at Heletranz bend over backwards to accommodate my demanding requirements—the skill of the Heletranz pilots is everything a photographer could ask for.”
Greg Kempthorne Photography
021 949 315
“Having tried cheap alternatives – you spend twice as long in the air and often don’t come back with the result. With Tony – he knows where to place the machine relative to the subject – without fuss or waste of time and with good results every time.
Spending money on good people with good, safe equipment cannot be beaten.” Chris Miller.