Based in Auckland, Heletranz flies filming assignments all around New Zealand. With highly experienced film pilots and a fleet of new generation helicopters, Heletranz offers its clients a professional service based on years of flying experience and a wealth of industry knowledge gained from working closely with production companies. In close conjunction with Tony Monk Films we offer the following:
- Access to the latest Gyro Stabilised Camera Systems
- In house GSS C520 Aerial Camera Systems with 6K Epic & Alexa camera options
- In house Cineflex V14 HD Camera Systems
- Experienced helicopter Film Pilot Tony Monk
- Extensive Credits
- Helicopter Services
- Aerial Co-Ordination
- Location Scouting
- Stunt flying
- Recce Flights
- Talent helicopters
- Stills Photography
- Lifting equipment into difficult locations
- Crew Transport
- Permit acquisitions
Heletranz and Tony Monk Films credits include:
- Lord of the Rings 1, 2 & 3
- Yogi Bear (2010)
- Without a paddle
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – Chronicles of Narnia
- Prince Caspian – Chronicles of Narnia
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader – Chronicles of Narnia
- King Kong
- The Piano
- South Pacific – BBC
- Blue Planet – BBC
Tony has been involved with the NZ Film Industry for over 30 years. He is held in extremely high regard having received an accolade for his Services and Safety to the Film Industry. He is also responsible for the introduction of the first Gyro Stabilized Camera System to NZ.
Tony Monk Films’ recent investment in the GSS, G520 and GSS C516 gimbals allows them to offer the most stable platform and the ability to interchange cameras and lenses as technology advances.
Tony’s skill as a Film Pilot, location-finder and HD Camera supplier is well recognized throughout the industry.
For detailed technical information http://www.tonymonkfilms.com/
Or call Tony Monk on +64 27 492 9130.
Tony Monk and son Blair with their under mounted camera at Heletranz Heliport, Albany, Auckland.
Aerial Stills Photography
Heletranz specializes in aerial filming and photography.The very best professional photographers use our services because:
- Our highly skilled pilots are experienced in all forms of aerial filming and photography assignments
- Our helicopters are regularly tracked and balanced to give a smooth ride, with sliding and door-off options
- We have a full harness inventory for off-skid shooting plus full vertical option using rear cargo door
- We have two helicopter price options using the twin-engine Eurocopter or the Robinson R44
If you are a photographer wanting to use our helicopter services, please contact us:
We can organize a photographer to handle your photographic or film assignments.
Greg Kempthorne Photography
Mobile +64 21 949 315
Greg Kempthorne is a photographer specialising in Infrastructure and Architecture, much of this includes aerial photography.
Greg has been shooting from helicopters for over 12 years working for major corporates and government organisations.
A large part of this time he has spent flying with Heletranz pilots.
“The people at Heletranz bend over backwards to accommodate my demanding requirements—the skill of the Heletranz pilots is everything a photographer could ask for.” Greg Kempthorne.
Phone: +64 9 445 8027
Mobile: +64 21 961 936
“Having tried cheap alternatives – you spend twice as long in the air and often don’t come back with the result. With Tony at Heletranz – he knows where to place the machine relative to the subject – without fuss or waste of time and with good results every time. Spending money on good people with good, safe equipment cannot be beaten.” Chris Miller.
Chris Lewis Photography Ltd
9349, New Zealand
Tel: +64 3 409 2663
Mobile: +64 21 938 840